From 1922 to 2019: Same Concept, More Variety.
Smoothie blenders are essential to every kitchen. The history of the blender is linked to the world of cooking. In 1922 Stephen Poplawski created the first blender. It was actually Fred Osius who was able to improve it and release it to the public as the newly designed product to the Waring kitchen appliance line. Over the years, new models were developed, although the concept remains the same today.
The popularity of blenders lately has grown vastly and it is an everyday appliance for many. For this reason, companies have used their best technology to develop new blenders that adapt to your needs.
Here is a list of the best blenders for smoothies. No matter what you use it for, you will find blenders of many varieties at different prices.
Our Smoothie Blender Top Picks
- Vitamix Professional Series 750
- Nutri Ninja
- NutriBullet 12-Piece System
- Oster Versa Pro Series Blender
- KitchenAid 5-Speed Classic Blender
- Cuisinart Hurricane
Add all kinds of foods such as fruit, vegetables, milk, nuts or even ice, and get ready to enjoy your favorite smoothie.
What to Look for in Smoothie Blenders
- Price: We’ve chosen options in a variety of price points to fit anyone’s budget.
- Power and Speed: There is nothing worse than loading up your blender with fresh fruits and veggies and just watching your blender struggle. All of the blenders chosen have multiple power and speed options to create the perfect blend.
- Design: A smoothie blender should perform perfectly and should also be a nice addition to your kitchen. For this reason, you can choose from the list below models that have different colors, chosen to customize your kitchen to perfection.
- Warranty: Although all the materials used are very resistant, you never know what can happen. Because of that, all products include at least a one-year warranty with some blenders up to 7 years warranty.
Top 6 Smoothie Blenders
Vitamix Professional Series 750
Vitamix is one of the most powerful smoothie blender companies in the industry. Professional Series 750 is very popular and can be used to make smoothies, purees, crushed ice, and even make a fresh hot soup right in your Vitamix. Vitamix is known for its craftsmanship and can be found in many professional kitchens. The 7-year warranty is a huge perk as it covers ALL parts of your Vitamix blender. The manufacturer even covers the shipping costs for replacements.
- Available in 2 colors.
- 2.2-peak power motor, perfect for blending all kinds of food.
- Blender “self cleans” Just add warm water and a little soap, blend on high for a sparkling clean blender after each use.
- Low-Profile 64-ounce container, ideal for large quantities while still fitting on the countertop.
- Seven-year standard warranty.
- The price is quite high.
Ninja is a Canadian brand focused on the design of small kitchen appliances such as this Nutri Ninja 1200 watt blender. Another key point to choose Ninja is the awesome developments in household items in recent years. Their appliances tend to work together with many attachments that can be added to your Ninja collection. This particular model features a 72 oz container, 18, 24, and 32 oz smoothie cups that let you blend right in the cup and cap with a lid for on the go and fewer dishes.
- Multiple cups included.
- Perfect for crushing ice and frozen fruit.
- Suitable for washing in the dishwasher.
- Great price point.
- Made mainly of plastic.
- It is noisy.
NutriBullet 12-Piece System
NutriBullet is a great product for personal smoothies on the go. It is small and convenient for those who tend to overfill their larger blender cups. This unit comes with 3 cups, 2 blades, stay-fresh lids, drinking lids, and a base. This a perfect machine for people who like to meal prep. Simply add your ingredients to the cups and blend when ready.
- 600-watt motor
- Intelligent hands-free technology.
- You can blend and drink out of the same container.
- Easy to use.
- Fruit and vegetables are sometimes hooked on the sides or under the blade.
- It is a loud machine.
- Standard warranty of only one year.
Oster Versa Pro Series Blender
The Oster Versa Pro is a sturdy and powerful blender. It is often compared to the much higher priced Vitamix mentioned above. They both feature high powered motors and a 7-year warranty. This blender has a little bit of a retro vibe with its modular look while featuring 3 programmed settings as well as a manually controlled dial.
- One of the quietest machines on the market.
- Easy to use.
- Powerful 1400-watt motor.
- Affordable price.
- 7-year warranty.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- You cannot remove the blades in the cup for cleaning.
KitchenAid Classic Blender
KitchenAid is a popular appliance company that has been making strides in all appliances since 1919. Their high-end products are backed up by some of the best customer service in the industry. This classic blender comes in 5 colors to match any kitchen style. The metal base gives a luxury look at an affordable price.
- Affordable price for a very complete blender.
- Classic 5-speed mixer. Intello-Speed motor control system.
- Suitable for the dishwasher.
- Ice mode to chop in seconds.
- Since it is a small machine, it can get burnt out if you overwork it.
Cuisinart has marketed a wide variety of products that are designed by culinary experts. The company continues its legacy with innovative designs like this Hurricane Velocity. With their proprietary BlendLogic technology Cuisinart Hurricane allows you to load your ingredients, touch one of the preprogrammed functions and it takes all the guesswork out of making the perfect smoothie. A digital display even counts down how long it will be blending your drink based on the weight.
- 2.25 HP motor.
- Easy to use controls.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Very comprehensive manual.
- Double housing base makes this blender extremely quiet.
- Blades are not detachable
The choice of this appliance will be based on the functionalities and the type of life you are having. From a tasty smoothie based on fruit with milk to preparing a detoxifier to start the week on the right foot. Start discovering new flavors by selecting a new blender from the list. Your body and your palate will thank you!