Cultures like the Mediterranean and Oriental have been serving fruit and vegetable juices for hundreds of years.
The health benefits of drinking pure fruit and vegetable juices are virtually endless. In 1930 the first commercially available juicer was invented by W. Walker who designed the Norwalk with a hydraulic press system. You can still purchase these incredible (and expensive) juicers today.
Over the years, thanks to evolutions in technology, companies have developed more advanced models. Today, the machine’s size has been reduced so it is an essential part of the kitchen. The designs are chic, innovative and made of very resistant materials. The selection of products that we show below is part of a list of juicers with multiple and different features.
See The Top Juicers Available For Everyday Use
- Omega MMV702 Mega Mouth Juicer
- Breville Juice Fountain Multi-Speed
- Cuisinart CCJ-500
- Hurom HH
- Omega NC900HDC Juicer Extractor
- BioChef Quantum Whole Slow Juicer
Routine Use Promotes Top Results
Do you feel like you cannot live without your tasty morning juice? We completely understand you. It is a very healthy habit that has become the way to go for many in recent years. These machines help produce positive effects on our daily routine that you can customize based on how you feel.
There is a wide variety of juicers with different features. Depending on whether the extractor is horizontal or vertical, it will have different benefits.
There are 4 main types of juicers:
Centrifugation: in which a knife liquefies the ingredients at high revolutions. These machines produce juice quickly but tend to have more waste. They also add a small amount of heat to the juice which degrades some vitamins and minerals from your ingredients.
Masticating: Which rotates the ingredients very slowly for maximum yield and nearly zero waste. These are typically more expensive high-end juicers also referred to as slow-press or cold-press.
Twin Gear: These juicers crush up the ingredients and then press the pulp into a super juice. They tend to be large, expensive, and harder to clean but offer superior juice.
Juice Press: Like the name suggests this type of juicer completely smashes the ingredients with a hydraulic press. Much like the twin gear version, juice presses tend to be large, expensive, but produce high quality juice.
Depending on your taste and habits, there will be an appliance that will go ideally with your lifestyle. We will focus on centrifugation and masticating juicers in this article since they tend to be the most consumer-friendly.
What to Look For in a Juicer
Price: We know that the budget is important when purchasing new appliances. This is always an important factor in the choice since it can tip the balance towards one product or another. Centrifugation juicers tend to be less expensive while cold press juicers command a higher price while at the same time produce a higher quality juice.
Quality: The juice texture becomes a key factor when choosing your juicer. Choosing the cold juice extractor will produce the highest quality juices since it does not apply any type of heat during extraction. This means your juice will maintain the highest amount of vitamins and minerals from the ingredients added. The centrifugal blender also works great, is super fast, and a great way to get into juicing at a moderate price point.
Frequency of Use: This aspect can greatly influence your choice. If you intend to use your machine occasionally, you should opt for simpler models. If instead, you are a juice lover, you should make sure you get a machine that is easy to clean, assemble, and has a longer warranty.
Durability: We have selected machines made of strong and quality materials, the chosen juicer’s companies are experts for their experience in durability in kitchen appliances.
Warranty: One of the most determining factors when choosing an appliance is its guarantee. The products listed have at least one year of standard protection, although we also find others with wider ranges.
Our Top 6 Juicer Picks
Using the criteria above and testing out the juicers ourselves, we have selected 6 juicers at different price points and juicing methods.
Omega MMV702 Mega Mouth Juicer
Best For: Large capacity slow juicing.
If you want your juice not to have any pulp and would like to get every drop squeezed, this Omega product is your best option. It is a slow juicer operating at just 60 RPM that will deliver a fresh juice with practically dry pulp. Although the price is on the higher side, the 10-year warranty will guarantee you will have this juicer for years to come while also getting the maximum yield from ingredients.
- Efficient. It chews the ingredients until you get the perfect texture.
- Rotate at 60 rpm to squeeze perfectly.
- You can insert large pieces of fruit or veggies.
- You can enjoy sorbets if you introduce frozen pieces.
- A little bit expensive.
- Not suitable for the dishwasher.
- It is heavy, its weight is 6.85 kg.
Breville Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900
Best For: Centrifugal juicing, moderate price, buying your first juicer
Gaining popularity after the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, a man traveled the country changing his habits and going on a 60-day juice cleanse to rebuild his health and educate others. This is a great juicer for first-time buyers since it has a great price, it’s easy to clean, and it’s fast.
- Speed dial with suggested ingredients for each speed.
- Juice extraction is quick.
- Will last a few years with frequent use.
- It can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Since it is a powerful extraction juicer, the juice can be frothy.
- Juice does not keep it well in the fridge, must be consumed within a day.
- Does not juice leafy greens or wheatgrass well.
- Only a one-year warranty.
Best For: Citrus juicing.
This juicer can only be used for citruses, such as grapefruit, oranges, lemons, limes, and others. It’s a small and easy to use machine that will produce a high amount of juice from your citrus. We highly recommend adding a citrus juicer to your collection since they are relatively inexpensive and can mix up your juicing routine.
- Three years warranty.
- Easy cleaning: made of stainless steel.
- The Final-Spin system will get you that extra juice.
- Efficient and at a very cheap price
- Like all citrus juicers, pulp collects in the juicing area and needs to be dumped occasionally if you are juicing a large amount of citrus.
Best for: Maximum nutrient extraction.
Hurom is a brand you will hear about often when shopping for juicers. Their sleek designs and technology allow you to use hard and soft ingredients, nuts, beans, and leafy greens. Operating at a super low speed of 43 RPM your juice will be extracted from your ingredients at the molecular level. This is one of Hurom’s more basic models but it in an outstanding machine with so many capabilities.
- 2-year warranty on parts, 10-year warranty on the motor.
- Its slow-running process conserves nutrients naturally.
- It is versatile, it has two formats: For traditional juices or smoothies.
- The blender includes a lever to regulate the amount of pulp you want in your juice.
- Easy to clean.
- The machine only has half a liter capacity.
Omega NC900HDC Juicer Extractor
Best For: Leafy greens and wheatgrass.
This is a twin gear juicer from Omega. If you are searching for a juicer that can extract juice from wheatgrass, kales, and microgreens this is the perfect juicer for you. Though it can extract juice from many types of vegetables, fruits, and nuts, leafy greens is where the Omega really shines. This juicer has many functions other than just juice, use it to extrude pasta and make nut butters as well.
- 15-year warranty.
- Super quiet.
- Can be used for juice, pasta, nut butters, mincing herbs.
- Can be tricky to assemble and clean.
BioChef Quantum Whole Slow Juicer
At a more affordable price than other more expensive models, this BioChef product is offers a slow juice experience at just 37 RPMs. It is a relatively compact slow juicer while still featuring a large mouth for loading your ingredients. A huge perk of this juicer is that all of the parts ( except the base) are dishwasher safe!
- Lifetime warranty on the engine and five years on the parts.
- Presses food cold to keep nutrients intact.
- You can choose the design in four colors: white, black, silver or red.
- Very good price-quality ratio.
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Products like beets or celery are difficult to produce if you do not cut them into small pieces.
Kickstart Your Health Today
Making the decision to introduce fresh ingredients to your diet will benefit you for years to come. You and your loved ones can enjoy the benefits as well as the fun in creating new recipes ranging from the classic juices to nut milks, sorbet, to nut butters. Depending on your needs and price point one of these juicers is a great option for a first-time buyer or upgrading your current model.